Abstract: Hogan (b.Waterford 1800–d.1858) was a leading Irish sculptor working in Rome from 1824–1849. Lord Cloncurry a prominent patron of the arts in Ireland commissioned ‘Hibernia with the Bust of Lord Cloncurry’ from the artist in spring 1841. The work finally arrived in Ireland in 1846 and was exhibited to great acclaim at the Royal Exchange (now the City Hall). It entered the UCD collection with the purchase of Lyons House in 1963. The work is one of the finest examples of Irish neoclassical sculpture.