Additions to Richmond Asylum, Dublin - UCD Digital Library

Additions to Richmond Asylum, Dublin

Abstract: The Richmond District Asylum, Grangegorman was originally constructed in 1810. The original architect was Francis Johnston. A two storey addition to the building was constructed by G. & T. Crampton in 1911. The architect for these works was George Tighe Moore. The building became Saint Brendan's Hospital and is now part of the DIT Grangegorman campus.

In collection G. & T. Crampton Photograph Archive

Origin information
Dublin, Ireland : G. & T. Crampton
Date created:
Type of Resource
still image
Physical description
1 photograph : b&w
24 x 29 cm
Condition: Some staining and possible abrasions.
Architectural photographs   linked data (gmgpc)
St. Brendan's Hospital (Dublin, Ireland)
Mental institutions--Ireland--Dublin--1910-1920
G. & T. Crampton . 1/23
Suggested credit
"Additions to Richmond Asylum, Dublin," held by G. & T. Crampton. © Unknown. Digital content by Assoc. Prof. Joseph Brady, published by UCD Library, University College Dublin <>

Record source
Descriptions created by staff of UCD Library, University College Dublin based on information provided by Assoc. Prof. Joseph Brady and Dr. Ruth McManus. — Metadata creation date: 2016-02-19

Rights & Usage Conditions

Creative Commons License
Additions to Richmond Asylum, Dublin is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.

Copyright of the original resource: Unknown

Rights Statement License

The Rights Statement for this resource is "In Copyright - Non-Commercial Use Permitted" <>

To use for commercial purposes, please contact the UCD Digital Library See: